Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Love of the Irish


For today's blog post, I decided to look for an article about the Irish or the St. Patrick's Day holiday. I found an article called Obama, U.S. Tout Irish Tradition and it was written in the USA Today newspaper (although I found the article online). The article summarized the Obama's celebrations of the day and their enthusiasm for the Irish. President Obama personally addressed Ireland and thanked them for their influence on America. The article also talked about some of the festivities going on around the country to celebrate. I think it is great that the Irish heritage is so beloved by not only the Irish but also those who are not. I am Irish and I think its really amazing that we have a day dedicated to celebrating and embracing the Irish heritage and their heavy influence on America.  

The Associated Press. "Obama, U.S. Tout Irish Tradition." USA Today. 17 March 2009. .

No comments: