Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bollywood

In order to find an article about Bollywood, I visited the Bollywood news website. I found an article about one of the young actors from the movie Slumdog Millionaire and I gained insight about what the family dynamics are like in India. The article I read was called Father Slaps Slumdog Child Actor and the author wasn't cited. The article explains that the young actor Azharuddin was tired and did not want to give another interview with the journalists and his father slapped him across the face. His father said he was being rude although he had already given many interviews for his movie. I was extremely surprised when I read that he understood why his father had hit him and he didn't blame him. I think the actors who are working in Bollywood have a much different perspective and value for their families than actors do who work in Hollywood. The strong family values in India come through in all the productions and anything that relates to the Bollywood scene. 


No comments: