Sunday, March 8, 2009

Global Issue: Global Warming


When I was trying to think of what topic I could focus on for the global issue blog, I immediately thought of global warming. I found an article on the New York Times website entitled, Warming Isn't a Big Worry at Skeptics' Meeting. This article was written by Andrew C. Revkin and he gives the reader insight into what was going on at the International Conference on Climate Change. Upon reading this article, I obtained a better understanding on our problems with addressing global warming. The main issue is that it seems that everyone has a different idea of how it is being caused and whether it is a current danger to us. Although, whether or not we all agree on what it is exactly, it is at some point going to affect all of us living on earth. I think it is important that we as people do our best to take care of our earth because we only get one chance with it. For major corporations, I think it should be important to them to do all that they can to have a positive impact on our planet.  

Revkin, Andrew. "Warming Isn't a Big Worry at Skeptics' Meeting." New York Times Online. 8 March 2009. .

No comments: