Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Overcoming Obstacles- Forgiveness

When on the search for an article about someone overcoming an obstacle I found one that I just couldn't pass by. I found my article in the Catholic Spirit newspaper, it is titled Mother of Murdered son Journeys from Hate to Healing and it was written by Julie Pfitzinger. This article was about a woman who's son was murdered and her journey to forgive him. Upon reading this article, I was both completely stunned and impressed. This woman's story of her struggle to overcome her hate for the young man that killed her son gave me a unique view on what forgiveness truly means. She was able to go from complete hatred to honest forgiveness. I believe that forgiveness is a very powerful feeling although it is something one must work at. I think forgiveness is a very important part of a person's happiness because hatred puts negative energy into the universe and forgiveness is letting go of the negativity which allows one to move on with their life. I was impressed that this woman was able to overcome such a difficult obstacle and that now she is trying to teach others of forgiveness and passing on her story. 

Towalski, Joe. "Mother of Murdered Son Journeys from Hate to Healing". Catholic Spirit. 18 Dec. 2008: B7 

No comments: