Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Breaking Her Fall-3

The reading I did this past week in Breaking Her Fall was kind of hard. It was difficult to hear about the horrible situation Tucker had gotten himself into and what his consequences could be. The doctors were unable to save Jed's eye which poses Tucker with a bigger problem legally. Since Jed is from a very well-to-do family, his parents are very set on pressing charges against Tucker. This part of the book really made me sympathize with Tucker and it made me question whether or not he really deserves to go to jail and lose his children. I realize the pain Jed is in and that his life is forever changed because of this event but Tucker is also suffering. Also, it was really interesting to see the affects the family feels socially from their community. I thought about the reaction his town had and how people in Edina might react. This story feels extremely real to me because I think that this could easily happen at any party and I think the reactions all across the board would be quite accurate.  

No comments: