Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Breaking Her Fall-1

So, for the past week, I've been reading my book, Breaking Her Fall, and I've really been enjoying it. The main character, Tucker Jones is a single father of two children. After receiving an alarming phone call about his fourteen year old daughter, he finds himself in a terrible situation. He becomes extremely worried about his daughter and jumps to conclusions. As I read further into the novel, I felt a strange because these events seem entirely possible. Its scary to see some one's life unravel within just minutes after making one mistake. Tucker talks about how when his wife left him it took him a long time to find happiness again and that he has worked very hard to provide a good life for his kids. As the reader, I was like, "NOOOO!" when I read about him hurting the young boy because I knew that his decision would really cost him. Tucker seems like he very much acts upon his reactions without really thinking them through... and this really bothers me. Also, his fourteen year old daughter bugs me because she has a really big attitude towards her father and it makes me not like her... at all. 

No comments: